I have had the rare opportunity this weekend to partake of US foreign aid (USAID and PEPFAR). I am pleased to inform you that your tax dollars bought a very entertaining last few days in a fancy hotel on the beach with very good catering served every 2 hours.
Ocean air and good food are just some perks on the side though. Also generously included in this 3 day retreat were mind-opening lectures about proper tea-time etiquette, what it means to be a civilized person, the real reason why none of us ladies in the room are losing weight (apparently we are constantly stuffing our faces) and how to correctly blow your nose in public. I’ll admit, the 30 minute debate on whether or not KFC is actually healthy for you was a bit over my head, but besides that the workshop was absolutely fantastic! Like if I could paint you a picture to illustrate it would be full of neon fireworks and lightening. (Does Macbook have something like Microsoft paint?)
And don’t worry, we also talked about HIV and AIDS. I am now qualified to counsel people before they are tested for HIV and to give them results and counsel them afterwards.
4 comments:
Sounds educational. I'd like to take lessons on that nose blowing stuff.
That sounds like So much fun! Are you loving it there? Are you getting lots of women to talk to??
McKenna, You must be having a blast down there! I can't say it sounds too eduacational, but you're the one down there, so you tell me! Keep loving life! By the way, I got into the London Theatre Study Abroad for next Spring, so I'm headed to London in April! Wahoo! Love, Dave
Very cool.
Post a Comment