A giant fireball ate my face today. And all the hair on my right arm.
The story isn't as exciting as the aftermath. I was at Kyle's and we were all sitting around talking about how hungry we were and that we should grill some veggies, but no one was actually getting up and starting anything. I got up to get some water and someone said "Hey McKenna, why don't you go start up the grill?" I don't actually remember ever starting up a grill before, but its not really the type of thing you would keep a memory of anyway--I figured it couldn't be too hard, right? Just toss some new charcoal in, douse it in lighter fluid and then throw in a match...
This part worked fine actually. What didn't work was that the grate was crooked, and after shutting the lid I thought, "Oh, I should fix that now because its only going to get hotter and we need it on straight to grill." So I reopened the grill and out jumps Satan's fury in fire, eating all the hair on my right arm as it climbed on towards my face, where it munched on my left eyelashes and managed to save room for half of my right lashes and a handful of hair...I mourned for about 15 minutes while everyone told me it wasn't that bad, and then went home to wash the dead hair remains off and tried to convince myself that it really wasn't that bad.
It was kind of an adventure for my face...it makes for a good story at least. Oh and I almost forgot the most ironic part of the story-- Rob was eaten alive the day before by the very same fireball, or at least a fireball from the very same grill for doing the very same thing to the grill. Unfortunately for me, I was in the kitchen at the time cutting the veggies, thus making me the only one who didn't see (or hear the details of why) it happened.
It was kind of an adventure for my face...it makes for a good story at least. Oh and I almost forgot the most ironic part of the story-- Rob was eaten alive the day before by the very same fireball, or at least a fireball from the very same grill for doing the very same thing to the grill. Unfortunately for me, I was in the kitchen at the time cutting the veggies, thus making me the only one who didn't see (or hear the details of why) it happened.
4 comments:
McKenna, I'm so sorry you did that! I hope you're okay! Your picture is sad...I just want to give you a big hug! I love you! Mom
Hahaha. Okay, first of all your writing is so flipping funny. Munched?? What a great word. I am sorry you lost hair though. Just think, it's kind of like having your arm waxed! PLEASE come see me this weekend!! We will have so much fun. Good job on the 2nd post.
haha! This is the funniest thing that has ever happened. The funniest...and saddest. I also didn't know you had a blog! Welcome!
"How would you feel if you burnt off your most favorite thing about yourself."
Post a Comment