I have been contemplating this moment for awhile now--the official start of my blog. I figured now was as good a time as ever, you know--12:00 in the library will loads of homework hanging over my head...Somehow I have become immune to the panic that seems logical for my situation. I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing.
One of the reasons to panic actually fits in quite nicely with an explanation for my title. "Ya habibi" means "oh my darling" in Arabic, a class that I stopped going to a couple of weeks ago. I chose this title because this is one of my favorite Arabic phrases--fun to say but it also seems has usually been associated with a sort of sigh in my mind, morphing the meaning from a term of endearment to a meaning closer to " oh dear, what am I going to do?" which is quite representative of my life right now.
3 comments:
Alright... the first post was good and all, but I think it's time for another one!
I think you just say this anytime, because I have heard you say these words. TOOOOOTT - arabic for some kind of berry
You have had a blog since April, and I am just now finding it on December 9th? I have a lot of catching up to do...on your blog. On another note, you're in South Africa, yeah!!
Post a Comment