I almost got away with it. I did a load of laundry Friday night, hung it out to dry in the morning heat and had it back down and nicely folded without a drop of moisture to bother it. Curse broken? Not quite…While the afore mentioned clothes were drying I put in my second load of laundry and hung it out to dry shortly afterwards. I was talking to B in her room when I heard evidence of a little black rain cloud overheard and rushed outside to see that yes indeed clouds had magically appeared out of Nothing and dropped their bit all over my clothes.
And it continues…Stubbornness wanted me to leave my clothes out since it would eventually have to stop raining and they were soaked anyways, but I gave into the A and B who were counting on sunshine for the success of their weekend and did not want to see another 3-day-the-world-is-ending-rainstorm like the one that happened last time I did laundry. I removed them to the laundry room to dry on a rope strung across the ceiling and the rain was done 10 minutes later. The next day was sunny again, and most of my clothes had finally managed to dry—all but one sweatshirt that I had borrowed from B. She was doing her laundry that morning so I hung the sweatshirt out with the rest of her clothes hoping that it would dry sooner in the sun and certain that since it wasn’t even my sweatshirt the weather couldn’t have any problem with it. Oh B was not happy with me when her whole line was soaked an hour later…
No comments:
Post a Comment