Monday, August 11, 2008

Tagged by Katie P.!

Here you go:

8 Things I am Passionate About:

1. earth/nature
2. family
3. health
4. peace/love/human rights
5. learning
6. the importance of self-worth? I don't know how to phrase it but if you know me you've probably heard me rant about it at some point or another....
7. books
8. colors

8 Books I Have Read and Enjoyed:

1. The Count of Monte Cristo
2. The Life of Pi
3. The Ramona Quimby series
4. Neither Wolf Nor Dog
5. The Chronicles of Narnia
6. Harry Potter series
7. Where the Wild Things Are
8. The Awakening

8 Words/Phrases I Say Often:

1. wait, what? (I think I'm going deaf...time to get one of those earwax candles!)
2. oh crap!
3. International study programs, this is McKenna
4. are you serious?
5. oh my gosh
6. Are you interested in going abroad?
7. a word I shouldn't say
8. Have you heard of a Field Study before?

8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die (In no particular order):

1. Visit Egypt and Jerusalem and be able to communicate with people in Arabic
2. Skinny dip in all 5 oceans
3. Learn how to really take pictures
4. Get a masters or PhD 
5. Visit all 6 continents
6. Teach someone something valuable
7. Make cookies with my grandkids
8. Publish something

8 Things I Learned in this Past Year:

1. Anyone can be a good cook if they are following a recipe
2. Nothing is one-dimensional
3. Heaven is a real place
4. The older you get, the more effort you have to put towards making your life successful (at least up to 22)
5. Parakeets have a blue patch above their beak if they are a boy, and a pinkish-brown patch if they are a girl
6. Canceling plane tickets is a bad idea--they may let you re-book it but they may also try to charge you 3 times the going rate to re-book it
7. There are no taxes on text books
8. You have to learn to be happy and relaxed even with 10 billion unfinished tasks hanging above your head

People I Want to Tag:

1. Meggiejane
2. Danielle
3. Kathy
4. Davey B.
5. Lauren
6. Mom

4 comments:

KamalDasan said...

i like your blog.its attractive in the way listing things you like, you wanna do and books you enjoyed. one more thing am big fan of harry. i also read big time. if you have any book on your mind like harry potter means suggest me. visit my blog if you have time.

Princesska said...

I responded on my blog! I couldn't think of anyone to tag... oh well. haha

Lauren Palmer said...

yo yo yiggity yo... PLEASE come to LA before you leave for south africa. I just dyed my hair a sweet crazy color, and I've lost 20 pounds... you know you want me.

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

A Great Big Holla To Mckenna! I think you tagged me (Davey B?) and I am extremely grateful. I'm not sure what it means to be tagged, but it sounds like "wagged" which is what dogs do when they're happy so I figured it's a good thing. Anyway, GREAT post. I loved the format and your sequential lists. Two things to tell you: #1- while in Hawaii this summer I met a girl you would REALLY get along with and she said she even knew who you were from the Kennedy Center (she's in there a lot I think, her name is Emilie Predmore. I'll introduce you in Provo). #2- I attended Nate's wedding this morning. It was wonderful. Adios! This was more of an email than a comment, but I don't have your email, sorry.